Whether you are missing one tooth, multiple teeth in a row, teeth spread across an arch, or all of your teeth, dental implants can offer a beautifully restored, functional smile.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are prosthetics, surgically implanted into your jawbone, designed to mimic the function and look of natural teeth. The implant portion is a titanium post implanted into your jawbone. After several months, the post fuses to your jawbone during a process called osseointegration. Dental implants act as the “roots” of your new teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants offer complete tooth replacement. Most prosthetics replace the portion of your tooth above your gumline, but implants replace your entire tooth, including the missing roots. Other benefits of dental implants include:
- Dental implants replace your entire tooth
- These prosthetics replace teeth in any configuration
- Dental implants replace your tooth’s roots, which contribute to a response in which your body signals your jawbone to remain strong and healthy, thereby preventing deterioration
- Implants are freestanding replacements, which do not rely on surrounding teeth, the way partials and bridges do
- Dental implants offer a permanent, long-term advantages
- Achieve incredible stability you cannot accomplish with other prosthetics, such as dentures or partials
- Restores your smile for full function, health, and beauty
Do You Make A Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you are missing one or more teeth, you may make a wonderful candidate for dental implants. However, because implants require a strong jawbone for stable surgical placement, Dr. Mehdi will need to perform a thorough examination to secure your candidacy. If your jawbone is not strong enough, he may suggest bone grafting to improve the state of your jaw. He may also recommend other solutions, for a beautiful, restored smile.