Traditional metal braces are not for everyone. There is a time in life when it’s commonplace for our peers to have metal braces, typically during childhood or young adulthood. But if you’re now an adult and you are still longing for a beautiful, straight smile, it’s not too late to get braces — and they don’t have to be metal! Invisalign clear braces deliver the results of traditional braces without any of the negatives, like the pain, irritation, and embarrassment that are typical with metal braces.
The Benefits of Invisalign
1. The price is right: Think you can’t afford Invisalign? Don’t make the wrong assumption that Invisalign is too costly and out of your budget. The cost of Invisalign is typically comparable to the cost of traditional metal braces. Insurance often covers a portion of the expense as well, if not all of the cost.
2. Soft and comfortable: Invisalign trays are soft, so you won’t experience the same pain and irritation that is commonplace with the brackets and wires of metal braces.
3. No one has to know: Invisalign trays are clear and practically invisible. The trays are custom-made for your mouth, so they fit seamlessly over your teeth without a noticeable poor fit or gaping. Few people will notice you’re wearing them, so no one has to know you have braces! You can’t say the same for metal braces.
4. Easy eating and drinking: You don’t have to worry about what you’re eating when you have Invisalign; you can remove your trays, so they don’t get in the way as you eat or drink. Enjoy your popcorn and gum without the worry of damaged brackets.
5. Fewer appointments: You’ll need less-frequent appointments with your orthodontist if you choose Invisalign, because the trays are not adjusted like traditional braces. Instead you wear a series of different trays throughout your treatment.
ABOUT YOUR SHREWSBURY DENTISTS:
At Modern Dentistry, Todd A. Pizzi, DDS, and Luciana Messina, DDS, are dedicated to providing high-quality cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dentistry services to patients and families in Shrewsbury, Worcester, North and South Grafton, Westborough, Southborough, Northborough, Boylston, Hopkinton, Millbury, and all surrounding communities. To schedule your next appointment, contact our office by calling (508) 842-6356 today.