A variety of issues may affect the appearance of your gums, which can have a negative impact on your smile. Whether you’re dealing with oral health problems or other concerns, we offer laser gum contouring to improve the health and beauty of your smile. Wondering if laser contouring is right for you? Curious if we can lengthen tissue rather than simply offer a gum lift? To find out more about what you can expect, we invite you to take the following quiz:
Laser Gum Contouring True-or-False Quiz
- True or False: Laser gum contouring is an effective option for individuals suffering from “gummy smiles.”
- True or False: We will use manual instruments to alter your gumline because they are best suited to this type of procedure.
- True or False: We can assist you with improving your gumline after periodontal disease.
Dental Quiz Answer Key
- True. You may feel unhappy with the way your smile looks because you have too much gum tissue. This causes your gums to appear prominent when you smile, rather than your teeth. By simply removing some of the tissue, we can re-sculpt your gumline for a more pleasing appearance.
- False. We use a diode laser instead of a scalpel. We choose laser gum contouring because it offers an exceptional variety of benefits. In addition to making precise incisions, the laser also cauterizes your tissue for expedited recovery and a more comfortable process.
- True. If you have suffered from gum recession due to periodontal disease, we may address your gum damage with laser gum contouring. We will lengthen the appearance of your gumline, covering exposed tooth roots. This will allow you to enjoy improved comfort, reduced sensitivity, and a much more esthetically pleasing grin.
ABOUT YOUR SHREWSBURY, MA DENTISTS:
At Modern Dentistry, Todd A. Pizzi, DDS, and Luciana Messina, DDS, are dedicated to providing high-quality cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dentistry services to patients and families in Shrewsbury, Worcester, North and South Grafton, Westborough, Southborough, Northborough, Boylston, Hopkinton, Millbury, and all surrounding communities. To schedule your next appointment, contact our office by calling (508) 842-6356 today.