Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks and spending quality time with your family–whether it is your biological family or your family of choice–and of course, your friends! But, once Thanksgiving is over, the Christmas holiday season begins! Here at Modern Dentistry of Shrewsbury we love encouraging our patients to enjoy community everntsIf you are looking for something to do with your family and friends this Thanksgiving weekend check out Gardens Aglow. It’s a great way to kick off the Christmas season!
About Gardens Aglow
A treasured holiday family tradition in Shrewsbury, MA, Gardens Aglow transforms the grounds of Heritage Museum & Gardens with over ten miles of colorful, sparkling holiday lights. That alone would be worth a visit, but that is not all. You and your family can partake in marshmallow-roasting, a reindeer scavenger hunt, carousel rides, holiday treats at Magnolia Café, a visit with Santa Claus in the Model T, and so much more. This season’s features include:
- The “Heritage Holiday Express”: a two-level model trains display
- Watch as ice sculptures are created right before your eyes and pose for photos with them every Saturday!
- Get designer-created holiday tablescapes (table decorating) ideas from the following designers:
- Irina MacPhee from Pastiche Cape Cod
- Olive Chase of The Casual Gourmet
- Richard McLaughlin of Fresh Interiors
- Nina Mayfield of Nina Mayfield Design
- The weekend of December 2nd through December 4th, cuddle with baby goats, piglets, chickens, baby chicks, bunnies, and other barnyard babies.
Heritage Museums & Gardens is partnering with the Sandwich Food Pantry to help area children who need school supplies. Please help by donating glue sticks, pencil boxes or pouches, spiral notebooks, highlighter markers, thumb drives, three-ring binders, and #2 pencils. Donation boxes will be set up in The Shop at Heritage.
Online Tickets: If you purchase an online ticket, please print it out, bring it with you and skip the lines!
A new visitor arrival experience, will ease parking and make entry through ticketing quicker. Members and those with pre-purchased tickets will have easier entry to the event through dedicated admissions lines.
Tickets are also available for purchase at the ticket window on the day of the event.
You can enjoy Gardens Aglow every from 4:30pm to 8:30pm every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from November 25th through December 18th.