When a tooth becomes damaged or suffers advanced decay, or perhaps your tooth is damaged aesthetically – dental crowns offer substantial coverage for the appearance of a new tooth when other cosmetic treatments aren’t enough.
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a restorative solution to a damaged tooth. Sometimes, a patient breaks a tooth by biting down on something hard or from some other physical impact. In other instances, you may suffer from a large cavity or undergo root canal treatment, which results in a fragile structure. Dental crowns are hollow pieces of ceramic, custom-designed to look like your natural tooth. The crowns fit over your existing natural teeth to protect them and replace the structure needed for daily function.
What Are the Benefits of Modern Dental Crowns?
Crowns are versatile restorative prosthetics, which serve a variety of purposes. The benefits of dental crowns include:
- We use an E4D machine for same-day crowns, requiring only one visit from start to finish
- Dental crowns allow you to avoid a tooth extraction
- Dental crowns complete your root canal therapy, for a fully restored tooth
- You can achieve a natural-looking and beautiful tooth restoration
- Crowns are permanent and long-lasting, requiring normal daily care
Do You Make A Good Candidate for a Crown?
If your tooth is healthy enough to remain in your mouth, but it requires additional coverage or support, you may make a wonderful candidate for a dental crown.