When it comes to keeping your teeth in excellent condition, your own efforts only go so far. True, brushing and flossing on a consistent basis are both very important contributing factors in maintaining oral health. However, you will need some extra assistance from our professional dental techniques and services. Dental checkups, for instance, play a vital role in making sure your smile looks and feels its best. For a closer look at what’s happening in and surrounding your mouth, we rely on the use of digital X-rays. Wondering how much you do – or do not – know about this type of advanced imaging? Learn more with the following quiz:
Digital X-Rays Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: Digital X-rays are faster but they still put out the same amount of radiation as conventional X-rays.
- True or False: You will not need to worry about closing your teeth down on bitewings with digital X-rays.
- True or False: Advanced imaging permits improved case planning.
- False. One of the major benefits of digital imaging is that digital X-rays emit a much lower amount of radiation than conventional X-rays. This means you can worry less about your safety, while focusing more wholeheartedly on the health of your smile.
- True. Patients are often excited about the comfort associated with digital X-rays. Rather than chomping down on bitewings that can cause discomfort, you will simply have to remain still for a few moments. We will place a comfortable sensor within strategic locations in your mouth and then capture the images.
- True. This means that rather than simply taking a visual look at your oral cavity with our own eyes, we will use digital X-rays for a super detailed look at what’s happening with teeth, gums, and supportive dental structures. Whether we are investigating tooth decay or planning for prosthetics, X-rays allow us to make precise plans to improve your smile.
ABOUT YOUR SHREWSBURY, MA DENTISTS:
At Modern Dentistry, Todd A. Pizzi, DDS, and Luciana Messina, DDS, are dedicated to providing high-quality cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dentistry services to patients and families in Shrewsbury, Worcester, North and South Grafton, Westborough, Southborough, Northborough, Boylston, Hopkinton, Millbury, and all surrounding communities. To schedule your next appointment, contact our office by calling (508) 842-6356 today.