While certain cosmetic concerns are glaringly obvious – such as allover discoloration – there are those esthetic issues that are not so apparent. However, just because an imperfection is tiny does not mean its impact is insignificant. Much the opposite, even a single chip or crack can make you feel displeased with the overall appearance of your smile. Rather than feeling like you have to tolerate minor problems that require additional tooth tissue, we encourage you to speak with us about tooth bonding. Do yourself a favor and find out how much you know (or don’t know) about bonding with the following quiz:
Tooth Bonding True-or-False Quiz
- True or False: We can remove some of your tooth tissue with bonding to improve the appearance of your smile.
- True or False: The bonded area of your tooth will look extremely natural, so people looking at your smile will not be able to tell the difference between the different areas of your tooth.
- True or False: You may need to invest in a toothbrush customized for cleaning bonded teeth, so you do not damage the cosmetically treated area after tooth bonding.
- False. If you are looking to remove a small amount of tooth tissue, your needs are better suited to dental contouring. However, we offer tooth bonding to add more tissue to your tooth. This is particularly helpful if you are looking to improve small cracks, small chips, if you want to lengthen the appearance of your tooth, if you want to camouflage problems like serious stains, or even if you are hoping to fill small spaces between your teeth.
- True. We use a synthetic resin material called composite. In addition to providing us with a moldable, easy-to-sculpt texture, composite is customizable in another important way: We can color-match this material to the rest of your target tooth or to the rest of your smile.
- False. Tooth bonding is something that is convenient in a wide variety of ways, including the care it requires. Fortunately, you may continue using your usual toothbrush and toothpaste (as long as that includes a brush with soft bristles and paste that is nonabrasive).
ABOUT YOUR SHREWSBURY, MA DENTISTS:
At Modern Dentistry, Todd A. Pizzi, DDS, and Luciana Messina, DDS, are dedicated to providing high-quality cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dentistry services to patients and families in Shrewsbury, Worcester, North and South Grafton, Westborough, Southborough, Northborough, Boylston, Hopkinton, Millbury, and all surrounding communities. To schedule your next appointment, contact our office by calling (508) 842-6356 today.