There are a variety of dental treatments to choose from depending upon your issue. One of them is a dental crown. Dental crowns offer complete coverage of a damaged or compromised tooth. So, if your tooth is too damaged or too decayed for other restorative or cosmetic treatments to suffice, you may need a dental crown.
Why a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are used for a variety of reasons including:
- To restore a broken tooth
- To restore a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking
- To hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To cover misshapened teeth
- To cover severely discolored teeth
- To anchor a dental bridge in place
- To cover a dental implant
- For cosmetic reasons
Modern Dental Crowns
There are many benefits to modern dental crowns including:
- We use an E4D machine for same-day crowns, requiring only one visit from start to finish
- Dental crowns allow you to avoid a tooth extraction
- Dental crowns provide a natural-looking and beautiful tooth restoration
- Crowns are permanent and long-lasting
Are You a Candidate For a Crown?
If your tooth is healthy enough to save, but requires additional support or needs to be covered for any of a variety of reasons, it is likely that you are a good candidate for a dental crown.