Maybe you don’t think there is such a thing as an easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy dental treatment. Maybe you think that all dental treatments are invasive, expensive, take a long time, and cause pain. If you think that, guess what? You’re wrong! There is a dental treatment called dental bonding that is easy, quick, affordable, and painless, and it is not the only one!
Do you feel like one or two of your teeth are too short, but you don’t want to mess with veneers? Do you have a chipped tooth but don’t want to go to the dentist to find out that you need a crown? Not to worry. There is a dental treatment called dental bonding that can help fix several dental issues that used to require a crown or veneers. Dental bonding can save you time and money.
Dental bonding consists of adding a composite resin material to your teeth to change their color, shape, length, or to cover imperfections. The material is white and can be tinted to match the color of your dentition. It can be painted on, or applied in putty form, then sculpted to the proper shape and size. The steps include:
- Your dentist will begin by lightly etching the surface of the tooth.
- A conditioning liquid is applied to help ensure a strong bond.
- The composite resin material is then applied and sculpted into the proper shape and size.
- The material is cured, or hardened using an ultraviolet light.
- Touch-ups will be made to trim and shape the tooth, if necessary.
- The final step is to polish the material to an attractive sheen.
The procedure usually takes 30 minutes to an hour to complete one or more teeth. If you’re having several teeth done, you may need to schedule more time, or additional visits.