See that megawatt Hollywood smile on the cover of a magazine? Here’s a secret: More than likely that celebrity has porcelain veneers to achieve their perfect and dazzling grin. The great news is that you don’t have to a celebrity for the red-carpet treatment! Anyone can have a movie star smile with porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers cover your natural teeth to completely transform the shape, size, and color. Unlike other cosmetic dentistry treatments that moderately change the look of your teeth, porcelain veneers can provide a complete smile makeover.
Quiz: All About Porcelain Veneers
How much do you know about porcelain veneers? Test your knowledge of this cosmetic dentistry treatment with our quiz.
1. True or False: Porcelain veneers are removable, and you can take them out at night to clean them as you sleep.
2. Porcelain veneers are made of _______.
b. composite resin
c. white metal
3. Who is a good candidate for porcelain veneers?
a. A patient who needs an extensive smile makeover.
b. A patient who has some minor smile imperfections.
c. A patient who wants teeth whitening.
4. What are porcelain veneers?
a. Tooth-shaped caps that go on top of your teeth.
b. Super thin ceramic shells that go over your real teeth.
c. Tooth-shaped implants that replace your natural teeth.
5. True or False: Porcelain veneers are custom-made for you.
1. B. False — You may be thinking of dentures if you answered “True” for this question. Porcelain veneers are bonded and permanently placed. They may require some maintenance or replacement over the years, but they will last for several years before that is required.
2. A. ceramic — Veneers are made with a tooth-colored ceramic that mimics the natural look and feel of your real teeth.
3. A. A patient who needs an extensive smile makeover — Veneers are an extensive treatment, so if you only have minor imperfections to adjust, you likely don’t need veneers. Veneers are a great option to completely makeover your smile.
5. A. True — Veneers are customized just for you, for a perfect fit and look.
ABOUT YOUR SHREWSBURY DENTISTS:
At Modern Dentistry, Todd A. Pizzi, DDS, and Luciana Messina, DDS, are dedicated to providing high-quality cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dentistry services to patients and families in Shrewsbury, Worcester, North and South Grafton, Westborough, Southborough, Northborough, Boylston, Hopkinton, Millbury, and all surrounding communities. To schedule your next appointment, contact our office by calling (508) 842-6356 today.